Small Danish Hotels is now Stays. Only our name has changed. Everything else stays the same.
Village History: Fattiggaarden
Village History: Fattiggaarden
Skolevej 5
5953 Tranekær
Photo: Det Kgl. Bibliotek
“Fattiggaarden”
Exactly when the building was first used as a poorhouse is not entirely certain, but probably in the period 1810-15. The poorhouse had room for 14-16 paupers and was in operation until 1918, when the building was converted into a municipal office. The remaining paupers were transferred to other poorhouses that were still in operation.
Text: Nordlangeland Local History Association